Wednesday, April 1, 2009
this time of year can be rough. i am freezing my face off and ready for spring. when it's snowing on april first, i need to kick the motivation tactics into high gear or risk spending all day curled up in bed like Shyla. here's the plan:
1. dress up, not down. it helps to have a uniform of dressed up clothes. for me, this means pencil skirts and sweaters or pencil pants and tees. always. (plus, an apron when i'm in the studio, obviously.)
2. eat well. eat something hot in the morning. i'm still digging on blueberries, mangoes, apples and walnuts mixed together and heated up. healthy and delicious.
3. hot water. i drink it all day.
4. run, bike or ride the elliptical machine. getting super warm keeps me warm. i need to move.
5. yoga. sitting at the computer or my work-table in the studio takes its toll on the upper back and hips. rather than curl up, unroll the mat and get it started. loud music helps too.
6. NOISE. i get more done when music or npr is playing in the background. it pulls me out of my tunnel. this is good.
7. field trips. going anywhere helps me. just getting out of the house makes me more productive... it's getting out the door that takes work!
what are your tips for beating circumstances that threaten your motivation?
peace. & LOVE.