As the school year begins again, I'm certain that in countless classrooms, students are answering the question "What did you do on your summer vacation?" Meanwhile, while telephoning with a friend the other day, I struggled when she asked me what I have been up to these days. What have I "been up to" anyway? No big trips, no crazy antics (really). I needed to think about this. And so, without further ado, here is what I did this summer (in no particular order):
1. I studied for and took the Washington bar exam.
2. I got bangs!
3. My husband, dog & I hiked.
4. I visited my family for Father's day.
5. I walked down to Lake Washington and swam.
6. My honey & I took in a few shows: String Cheese Incident, Albino, and Wilco.
7. I meditated.
8. I practiced yoga.
9. I started running again after a 3 year hiatus!
10. I gave up T.V., coffee, then chai tea.
11. I watched parades.
12. I rode my bike. There is nothing like riding a cruiser home after dinner when it's downhill all the way.
13. I created every day.
14. I painted & decorated my house.
15. We aquired a 6-foot tall Buddha.
16. I PAINTED.